Do you need to speak to us?

We will send you a letter which states we have been unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction. Once you receive a deadlock letter, you can contact Ombudsman Services: Energy (the Ombudsman).

You can contact the Ombudsman without a deadlock letter, if we fail to respond to your complaint within the time scales stated in our complaints process. For example, if the alternative Head of Business does not respond within 10 days (15 days for Transmission) or if 8 weeks have elapsed since you registered your complaint.

Please note: the Ombudsman may refer you back to us if you don't have a deadlock letter or have not allowed us enough time to respond to your complaint. 

The Ombudsman will carry out an independent investigation on your behalf. Any decision the Ombudsman makes will be binding on us, but not on you.

As part of resolving your complaint, the Ombudsman may ask us to apologise or give an explanation. They can also ask us to take remedial action and may require us to award compensation in appropriate circumstances.

Ombudsman Services: energy - contact details

Phone: 0330 440 1624
Textphone: 0330 440 1600

Citizens Advice consumer service

The Citizens Advice consumer service took over responsibility for providing consumer advice and information from Consumer Direct on 1 April 2012.

The Citizens Advice consumer service advisers offer independent, impartial advice. If you are a domestic customer, you can contact them at any point about your complaint.

Contact Citizens Advice if you need help with an energy problem. They’re the official source of free and independent energy advice and support. 

Go to: or call their consumer service on 0808 223 1133 - Mon to Fri, 9am - 5pm. 

Customer support

We're committed to giving our customers a 10/10 customer experience. Our friendly and experienced staff are available to answer your calls and emails and resolve any queries you may have. 
Image of advisor on phone smiling