Your browser does not support JavaScript or has it disabled. To enable full functionality of this site it is necessary to enable JavaScript.
  • Disconnecting your electricity supply

  • Why would I need to disconnect my electricity supply?

  • When a property no longer needs an electricity supply, for example because it is going to be demolished, please contact us so we can disconnect it from the mains network and make it safe.

    It may be better to ‘de-energise’ the property, if it is to remain in use.

  • What’s the difference between disconnection and de-energisation?

  • When there is no future use for a property, it is cut off permanently by disconnecting the mains cable. Contact your local network operator to arrange this.

    If you need an electricity supply to the site again, you will have to apply for a new connection.

    De-energisation is when only the main fuse is removed. It is more suitable when the property is being refurbished. It is still connected to the electricity network, and can be reconnected by replacing the main fuse.
    Contact your electricity supplier (the company that sends you electricity bills) if you need to de-energise a property.

  • For safety